This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website [https://mdmh-fayetteville.com] and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on the Website.
- in email and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
- when you interact with our advertising on third-party websites and services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates, parent company, and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates, parent company, and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of Thirteen
The Website is not intended for children under thirteen years of age. No one under thirteen years of age may provide any information to or on the Website, including on the comment section of the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under thirteen years of age. If you are under the age of thirteen, do not use or provide any information on the Website or on or through any of its features, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address (including billing and shipping addresses), e-mail address, telephone number, birthday, credit or debit card number, gender, and any information that is provided to us during the subscription process or as a submission for a classified listing or obituary, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as screen name or user name, education, occupation, financial information, and interests; and/or
- about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us.
- automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, browser type, geolocation information, hardware and software information, analytics, advertising information, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, Google Adwords and other tracking technologies.
- from third parties, for example, our business partners, including Stripe (our third party credit and debit card processor).
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through the Website may include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms or registering to use the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registration, when subscribing to our service, posting materials, creating a user profile or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the Website;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including emails), if you contact us;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- details of your subscription package when you subscribe to access the Website’s content. You will be required to provide financial information when you subscribe to use the Website; and
- your search queries on the Website.
You also may post, submit, publish, display or transmit (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on public or subscription-only areas of the Website, or to be transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties. This includes information provided for the public comment section, letters to the editor, your user name, any image or photo you include in a comment or submissions of classified listings or obituaries. Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Any personal information you submit may be read, collected and used for online or offline promotional or commercial uses. We take no responsibility to post, take down, remove or edit any of your User Contributions. Although we limit access to certain pages to paid subscribers, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons, including other users, search engines, advertisers or third parties.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to the Websi
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present the Website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- to alert you to breaking news stories or other new Website content;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features, such as classified listings or the public comment section, on the Website;
- to respond to comments, requests, questions or other User Contributions you provide to the Website;
- to help diagnose problems with our servers, to gather broad demographic information, analyze trends and track users’ movements on the Website;
- to protect our rights, if necessary or appropriate: (i) to protect, enforce or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of Company, its subsidiaries, parent company, or affiliates, or any of their employees, agents, or contractors; (ii) to protect the property, safety, privacy, and security of users of the Website; (iii) to protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; (iv) to comply with the law or legal process; (v) to respond to requests from the public or government authorities; or (vi) to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Website;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and/or
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to post advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may disclose your User Contributions to anyone who may access the Website.
- to our subsidiaries, parent company and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, acquisition or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about the Website users is among the assets transferred;
- to a third party for payment processing, address verification or credit authorization;
- to your employer, school, professor or any other third-party provider of your subscription, if your subscription is provided in whole or in part by such third party.
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and/or
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law, investigation or legal process, including to respond to any government, law enforcement or regulatory request, including subpoenas, court orders or search warrants.
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or other contact information used by the Company to promote our own products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a registration, subscription, subscription renewal, or other notices.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
We will not sell, rent, swap or authorize any third party to use your email address without your permission.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.